Router Configuration For HP Wireless Printers
- To start with the process of 123.hp/setup you need to configure your device.
- There is a small screen on the front panel of your printer. This screen also helps you in managing the alignment of your print.
- In the footer of the home screen, you can find an icon for wireless connection. You have to press this icon.
- In the next screen that pops up, you will get the information about the status of the network connectivity of your printer. Look at the bottom of this screen, click on the settings icon.
- Thereafter, you will get a screen that has various options. One is “Wireless” that shows the status of your wireless connectivity mode, make sure it is “ON” now. The other is “Wireless Setup Wizard”, press this icon.
- As you press the above icon, your printer will start searching for the wireless networks available. Once the search is over, you will find the list of wireless network connections available. In this list, find your router and press on it to proceed further.
- On the next screen, you have to press “OK”.
- After that, you are required to enter the password and then press “Done”.
- The printer will now take a few minutes to establish a connection with the router.
- Now you will receive the “Connection Successful” screen that affirms your connection.
- You might have noticed all this while that there is a Blue colored small light on the left side of the outer panel of your screen. This light was earlier blinking but now it is static. This light is an indicator of your printer’s connection with your router.
- With this, the Router configuration for 123.hp/setup is complete.
For wired connection, you need to attach an Ethernet(Network) cable from your printer to the router.
Now, you can proceed with the download and installation procedure of the printer driver.
How To Download HP Printer Driver?
- To begin with, the HP Printer Software Download procedure, open an Internet browser that you commonly use on your computer. For instance, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Thereafter, visit the support page of HP Printer Downloads. For this, enter “123.hp.com” in the Address bar and press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, in the header bar of the homepage of 123.hp.com, you will find different categories of HP printer models. For instance, you may have OfficeJet, DeskJet, Envy, and LaserJet. Thereafter, opt for the model of your printer that you want to download.
- In this window, you will see a search bar that asks for your model number for HP Printer Software Downloads. Here, you have to enter the printer model of your printer in the space provided to you.
- Your Model Number is located on the front side of your device.
- Afterwards, start the search by clicking the “Search” button.
- Consequently, the next window named “Install Printer Software” will appear on your screen. Here, you will get a huge “Download” tab. You are supposed to click on this tab to proceed further.
- Finally, it will start the HP Printer Software Downloads procedure for 123.hp/setup. The progress of which you can see in the footer of your browser window.
How To Install HP Printer Driver?
* For Windows
- Firstly, to start 123.hp/setup, navigate your system to locate the downloaded Driver Software. You will find the same at the default download location which is usually the “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Consequently, it will open the Installation Wizard after extracting files.
- After that, you will get a Security Warning pop-box. Hence, click on “Run”.
- After this, it will open the User Account Control box. This window seeks your permission to make changes on your system. Hence, click “Yes” and permit the same.
- Next, you should click “Continue” on the following Welcome window.
- Afterwards, it will open the Software Selection window. Here, you should select the “Customize Software Selection” tab. As a result, it will display a list of software available for installation. Hence, make an appropriate selection. Then, click “Next”.
- On the following window, you will get HP Printer Driver’s License Agreement. Therefore, scroll down the entire document and closely review the terms.
- Then, tick mark the checkbox for “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” and click on the “Next” tab.
- As a result, it will start the “HP Printer Driver Installation” process for 123.hp/setup.
- Thereafter, click “Next”.
- The next window requires you to choose your Network Connection option. In other words, you have to select either Wired or Wireless Setup. Hence, make an appropriate choice considering your Printer’s Connectivity. In short, if you have configured the Printer with a Wireless Network. Then, select “Wireless”. However, if your Printer is connected through Ethernet/ LAN or USB Cable. Then, go for the “Wired” option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Network Connection Setup for 123.hp/setup.
- Once, the process completes, it requires you to Name the Printer, Add Device and run the Test Print. Hence, complete the Setup process by closely following the given steps.
* For Mac
- To begin with, the process of 123.hp/setup, locate the downloaded HP Printer Driver on your computer. Your system usually saves downloaded files at its default download location which is the “Downloads” folder.
- Now, right-click the downloaded software to open it.
- Next, you should click on the “Open” tab on the following pop-up box.
- On the following Security Prompt, click “Open”.
- The next window provides you links for the “End User License Agreement” and “Privacy Statement”. Hence, click on the links one-by-one and read the documents.
- After that, click on the respective checkboxes and accept the terms.
- Then, click “Continue”.
- In the following window, it will guide you to turn on the “Printer” and connect it to the Internet. Hence, follow the instructions carefully.
- The following pop-up box seeks your permission for “Restoring Printer’s Network Settings”. Now, click “Yes” to permit the same in case if your Mac device and HP Printer are connected to different “Networks”. However, if both are on the same Network. Then, click “No”.
- Subsequently, complete Network Connection Setup for HP Printer Driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- After that, you will get a list of software available for installing the HP Printer Driver. Therefore, make an appropriate choice.
- Then, click “Install”.
- On the following pop-up box, type in your “Mac Administrator Login Username and Password”. Then, click “OK”.
- Thereafter, click “Continue” to proceed further.
- This will begin the HP Printer Driver Installation process for 123.hp/setup on your Mac device.