How to install HP Printer App and How does it work?
HP Printer app consists of advanced tools that let you print and scan the documents, monitor ink level frequently, sign up for HP Instant ink, view the printer network status, and a lot more.
Steps to Install HP Printer App
Pursue the given guidelines to install the application:
- Go to 123.hp.com by typing it into the web browser’s address bar. This is the support website of HP for downloading the HP printer app and setting up your printer.
- Now, select your printer type and enter its model number in the search bar. Then, click search. If your Printer model supports the HP Smart App, the “Install HP Smart on your device” window will display on your screen.
- Just click on Get the App button. When downloaded, “Welcome to HP Smart” window appears, click on the “Get Started” button.
- Doing so, it will show you the Data Collection Notice & Settings window. Read the information and also click on the HP Privacy Statement link. Properly examine the privacy document, tick the checkbox, and click Continue.
- Now if your printer has wireless capabilities, use the wireless setup wizard to connect your printer to the same network as your computer.
- Now, return back to the HP Smart app and click on Add printer icon i.e plus sign. The HP Smart app now detects your printer and you need to select it.
- In the User Account Control pop-up box, you have to allow the HP Smart printer app to make adjustments to your system. Click Yes.
- Thereafter, the application will prepare your printer, obtain some additional information, and complete the connection process.
- Then the “Let’s Print” window will be visible on your screen. By following the instructions given on the HP Printer app, install the cartridges, pull out the paper tray, and feed A4 size papers in it.
So, this way the HP Smart printer application works for setting up your printer.
How does the HP printer application operate?
Once you have installed the printer app, open it. On the main screen of the app, you can select the Scan, Print Documents, Print Photo options, Mobile Fax in order to print or scan the documents from your device. Also, you can monitor the ink level on a regular basis. Further, you will find a tab of HP Instant Ink on the home screen, click on it to open the dashboard and you can easily list your printer. You will see your printer image in the center of the home screen. After clicking on your printer, you can perform the below-given functions easily.
- Click on the Printer Reports option to print a network configuration page, print quality report, etc.
- Select the Network Information option to view the Wifi name to which your printer is connected. It will also show you printer IP address, network status, etc.
- If you intend to see the pending print jobs list, click on See what’s printing and all the documents to be printed will display on your screen.
- Select the Advanced Settings option to access the printer’s Embedded Web Server.
- At last, to remove your printer from the printer app, click Forget this Printer.