Why is HP Printer Offline?
HP Printer Offline is the most common issue that users face while attempting to print a document. Every time you see this error on your screen, it means your computer is unable to communicate with the printer. In this case, you have to convert the status from offline to online by following the troubleshooting methods given in this guide.
Ways To Fix HP Printer Offline Error
Method 1: Ensure that Your Printer Cables are Well-Connected
- The first and basic troubleshooting step is to check the power cable of your printer. You need to assure that the power cable is not faulty or defective. If it is damaged, change the power cable with a new one.
- Properly connect the one end of the power cable into its allotted port and the adaptor into the wall outlet. Then, press the power button and ensure that the LED/indicator lights of the HP printer flicker.
- Also, inspect the USB cable. The one end of the USB cable must be appropriately connected to the port of the computer and the other end to the USB port on the rear of the printer.
- Now, check whether the HP printer is synchronizing with your computer or not.
Method 2: Fix the Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity Issue
If there is no issue with the cables, it may be a problem with your Wifi connection. Also, it is necessary that your HP printer is linked with the exact and same Wifi network as your device. Otherwise, your computer will surely not detect your printer and show you HP Printer Offline Error.
- In case, your HP printer is connected to your router through a wired method, you should first inspect and examine the Ethernet cable. The two ends of the ethernet cable must be in the corrected ports of the printer and the router.
- But if you have chosen the wireless internet connection method, users are needed to view the SSID i.e router name. On your printer, go to Network Settings and it will show your Wifi details to which your printer is linked.
Method 3: Uninstall the Outdated Printer Driver and Reinstall the Latest Version
There is a possibility that the printer software downloaded on your computer is outdated. In that case, you should install the upgraded version. For that, have a look at the below-given steps for HP Printer Offline troubleshooting:
- First of all, uninstall the program. In windows, you can perform the process by accessing the Control Panel. Then, go to all programs and select Programs and Features. Locate your HP printer software and click Uninstall.
- To delete from Mac, go to Finder and hit the Applications icon. Select the printer software and drag it to the Trash Folder. Then, go to the Trash Folder and click Empty Trash.
- Now to download again, go to 123.hp.com. After that, input your printer model name correctly into the search bar and press the Enter key. You will arrive at the download window. Click Download. Then, run the file, examine the HP terms and conditions and click Install.
Method 4: Clear the Pending Documents
HP Printer Offline occurs if there are any documents due in the Print Queue. To delete them from Windows, Go to Start > Devices > Printers and Scanners. Look for the printer that you are currently using and clear all the documents by clicking on the Cancel button. From Mac, select the Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers. Find and choose your printer, click on the Open Print Queue button. Lastly, click Cancel.
Additional HP Printer Troubleshooting Steps
- Download, run and access the “HP Print and Scan Doctor”.
- Upgrade your printer firmware.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Check that there is no paper stuck in the printer’s paper feed.
- Monitor Windows Services Status.