HP Printer Setup
Step 1. Complete the initial setup for HP Printer Setup
- To commence with the setup process of your HP printer, you first have to unpack your printer. Along with this, detach all the packing material and tapes from it.
- You are then supposed to insert the ink cartridges and load the output tray with the bundle of papers properly.
- Thereafter, you are required to place your printer on a flat surface and make sure that it is placed with the range of your router’s host network.
- Now, you have to take the power cable and insert it into your printer and another end into the running power socket. Also, press the power button to switch on your HP printer.
Step 2. Hook up your HP Printer to the Internet Network Connection
Once you are done with the initial setup of your HP Printer, you need to connect it to a very strong internet network connection. To do so you have two distinct options which totally depend upon the type of HP printer you are using.
- Wireless Connection Method: For the wireless connectivity, you are supposed to use the printer’s Control panel and select the Wireless icon. Continuing with this, opt for the Settings option. You are then required to pick any of the options among the Wireless or Wireless Settings option. And then, simply hit the Wireless Setting Wizard option, and with this, it will immediately start looking for the host network that you are using at present. Ensure that this host network is the same as you have connected your computing device. Once you found the name of your host network, tap on it, and then simply insert the Network Key correctly. In the end, it will immediately connect your HP Printer network configuration for the HP Printer Setup.
- Wired Network Connection- For the wired connectivity, you have to take the Ethernet/LAN cable to establish the connection between your router as well as your printer. Ensure that you have connected the ethernet wires into the correct ethernet ports.
Step 3. Understandable procedure to download the HP Printer Driver
The next step involved in the HP Printer Setup is to download the latest and most recently launched printer driver according to your HP printer model. The following are the informative and complete procedures that will assist you to download the HP Printer Driver.
- Use the most recent web explorer as per your suitability on your computing device and simply put in 123.hp.com in the address field accurately. Hit the Enter key and wait to reach the desired webpage for Office Setup.
- You will then be presented with a new screen where you are supposed to insert the model number of your HP Printer for which you want to download the printer driver.
- When you are done by inserting the model number, hit the Search button to move on.
- Soon after this, it will lead you to the HP Printer Driver downloading screen. On the same page, you will get the download link at the bottom of the page, tap on it, and begin the process of downloading.
- Finally, you will get the progress bar right at the bottom of your computer screen, wait for the process to complete successfully. Don’t shut down your computer until the process gets completed.
Things required before installing the Printer Driver Software for HP Printer Setup
- Ensure that your device must not have any previously installed HP Printer driver. You need to uninstall it using the Control Panel if you have already installed it.
- Eliminate all the unneeded files, folders, PDF files including the cookies to clean up the hard disk space.
- You must check whether your computing device has enough storage space to install the printer driver.
Step 4. Install the Online Downloaded HP Printer Software
On Windows Desktop
- The primary step is to navigate for the online downloaded setup file for HP Printer Setup. The users can either visit the Download’s folder in your system or otherwise locate it where you have saved the setup file while downloading the printer driver.
- After getting the setup file of HP Printer Driver, tap on it twice so that the setup file should be open on your screen to proceed with the HP Printer Setup.
- It will bring you the Security Warning pop up box on which you are required to pick the Run option. By doing so, it will automatically start extracting the files from your system.
- To grant the permission in order to make the changes into the application, you have to hit the Yes button from the upcoming pop-up box.
- Afterwards, you have to hook up your printer to your computer, if you have not connected it earlier.
- As a result, you will be presented with the Software Selection window right in front of your screen. Here, you can modify the changes according to your requirements, but it is suggested to pick the Customize Software Selection option. Continuing with this, hit the Next button.
- From the upcoming window, you have to pick the Automatic Setup option to pursue with HP Printer Setup.
- Here, it will commence the installation of the HP Printer Driver on your Windows desktop.
On Mac Desktop
- To start off with the installation process on the Mac Desktop you have to open the Finder icon and go to the default system location which is the download folder.
- You are then supposed to navigate for the .dmg file of the HP Printer and double-click on it.
- In the welcome screen that appears, opt for the Open button and move ahead.
- Deeply analyze the HP’s Software License Agreement very thoroughly and then tick mark the respective checkbox for it.
- Just after this, you have to attach your Mac operating system to the wireless network connection. Otherwise, you can also use the wired connection method.
- Apparently, after this, you have to pick up the installation location as per your preference as well as choose the preferred language. And then, choose the Next button from the middle of the page.
- It will bring the installation window where you have to opt for the Install tab and start the installation process.
- In the interim, you will be asked to input the Mac login credentials, enter the same and click Install Software.
Lastly, tap on the Finish tab to end the process.