HP Utility Mac
HP Utility Mac is printer management software that helps you to get complete information about your printer. Along with this, you can easily manage the working of your printer and resolve several errors. This utility software is available only for Mac users. Using this software, you can perform multiple functions. For a better understanding of the software, go through the whole document.
HP Utility Mac- Tools and Functions
HP Utility Mac offers a user-friendly interface for performing multiple functions. You can use the toolbar for accessing these functions. This software allows you to get a lot of information about your printer, its registration, support, settings, etc. In order to have complete knowledge about the functions of this software, you have to go through the below-given information. The following are the options that are available on the toolbar.
Device- This option allows you to get a list of all the printers available. You can also check their current status using HP Utility Mac.
Settings- When you click the tab, a list of options will appear on your screen. You will get the following options under this tab and can perform the given functions.
- Supplies Status: This option will help you to check the current ink supply status along with the complete information about instant ink. Also, you will get the option for protecting the ink from being used on another printer.
- Supply Info: It allows you to check the information regarding the model numbers of your ink cartridge.
- Device Information: You can access the complete information related to your device. It allows you to know your printer model, version of the printer driver, printer connection, and a lot more. Using this option, you can print the Network Configuration page.
- Align: For improving the print quality, you can print the alignment page using this option.
- Automated Tool: This option allows you to clean the printer as well as the printer head parts. You can resolve the paper feeding issues also.
- Print Quality Diagnostics: Using this option, you can print the quality diagnostics page that will help you in checking if any printing issue exists.
- Test: To check the connection issues, alignment, or print quality, you have to use this option and print the test page.
- Message Center: Through this tool, you can check the error or warning messages as well as the supplies status that displays on your printer.
- Network Settings: It allows you to change the network configuration settings along with making the changes in the connection type.
- Scan To Computer: Using this tool you can scan the printer’s front panel. Once you are done with scanning, HP Utility Mac will automatically send the output to your printer.
HP Support- For online troubleshooting and support information, you have to click this option.
Supplies- This option takes you to the online store of HP to shop for the printer supplies.
Registration- Using this option, you can easily register your printer. Along with that, this option allows you to submit the information online.
Recycling- When you click this option, you will get the sustainability report. This will help you to know about the environment and the convenient ways of recycling HP products.
Product Improvement- On clicking this option you will get the various research programs for participating. However, on participating in these programs no personal information of yours will be collected.
Procedure To Install HP Utility Mac
When you download and install the full feature printer software, you will get HP Utility Mac added in it. You don’t have to install this software separately. For getting the software you have to follow the given procedure of downloading and installing the full feature printer driver on your Mac system.
- First and foremost, press the power button of your printer to turn it on. Also, make sure that your printer is not connected with the system.
- Further, you have to access a web browser on your device. Then, visit the official website of HP.
- From the homepage of HP, tap the “Support” option. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- When you do so, an extended list will appear. Now, select the “Support” option. Then, select “Softwares and Drivers”.
- Afterwards, you have to tap the “Printer” icon.
- Then, enter the model name of your Printer and click the “Submit” tab.
- This will redirect you to the Printer Driver window. In this window, you first have to change the operating system to Mac. For changing the OS, you have to tap the “Choose a different OS”. Further, choose the “Mac” as the operating system. Also, select its version and click the “Change” tab.
- Now, the list of printer drivers available for your Mac device will display. From the list, select the “HP Full-fledged Printer Driver” or the “HP Easy Start”.
- Next, you have to press the “Downloads” link to move further with the process.
- This will begin the download process. Once the download gets completed, you have to double-click the downloaded setup file. This will open the installation wizard. Complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
After downloading and installing the printer driver, you can check if your HP Utility Mac is installed or not. You can check by following the process mentioned below.
How To Check The HP Utility Mac Status?
HP Utility Mac comes complementary with the full feature printer driver of HP. However, once you are done with the installation you can check if the software gets installed or not. For checking the HP Utility Mac status, follow the process given below.
- First of all, you have to open the Finder on your computing device. For this, you will get the finder’s icon on the left end of the dock. The dock is located on the bottom of your Mac’s desktop.
- After that, you have to select the “Go” option from the menu bar located on the top of your screen.
- Now, an extended list will display on your screen. From the list, choose the “Applications” option.
- Then, you will get the list of all the applications that are installed on your Mac device.
- From the list of applications, search for the HP printer software folder and click it.
- When you click this folder, a list of applications or the software will display. This will be a list of applications that are included in the HP Printer driver application.
- If your HP Utility Mac is there on the list, then, click it. Further, hit the “Continue” tab from the setup and activation screen and complete the software setup.
- However, the software is not listed there, then, you have to again download and install the HP full feature printer driver on your device. Make sure you download the correct software. For this, follow the process mentioned above.