Install HP Printer
To install HP Printer driver, follow the instructions that are mentioned below:
* On Windows:
- Open a web browser and go to 123.hp.com.
- In the search bar type your printer model number and click on the Search button.
- In the next window, click on the Download button.
- Once the file is downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
- To begin the installation, open the Downloads folder on your windows computer.
- After that, search for the .exe setup file of HP to Install HP Printer.
- To proceed, double-click the file and a pop-up box of Security Warning will be shown on your screen asking you- Do you want to run this file? Click on the Run button.
- After that, it will show you the pop-up box of User Account Control. To install the software, it is necessary to allow the program for making necessary changes to your computer. Hence, for granting permission, click on the Yes button given there.
- The main screen of the program will appear on your screen. Click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, it will take you to the Software Selection window. In order to install the recommended software for your printer, click on the Next button. Otherwise, you can select your preferred software by clicking on the Customize Software Selection tab.
- Once you have selected the software, click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window. Then move forward to the next step to install HP printer software and driver.
- Now, you will see the Installation Agreements and Settings window on your screen. Read the End User License Agreement, Web Services Enablement and Internet Connection Usage Settings carefully.
- To install the printer driver, it is necessary that you accept all the agreements. So if you agree with all the terms and conditions, select the checkbox of “I have reviewed and agree to the Installation Agreements and Settings”. Then, click on the Next button given there.
- Afterward, it will start installing your selected software. Wait patiently till the software gets installed. Once the installation process is done, it will take you to the “Connection Options” window.
- Now you need to connect your printer to the computer for further process. So choose between the Automatic setup and Manual Setup method.
- In the case of Automatic Setup, your printer must be connected to the same network as your computer.
- In the case of Manual Setup, it will give you two options- “Wireless” or “Wired”. Select one of the given options according to your preference. If you have selected the wired connection method, make sure that you properly attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
* On Mac:
Pursue the given step-by-step instructions to install HP printer driver on Mac:
- First of all, open Finder on your Mac.
- Now, you need to click on the Downloads folder which is located on the left side of the window.
- Next, search for the .dmg setup file of HP to “Install HP Printer” driver.
- Once you locate the file double-click on it and then move forward to the next step.
- It will show you a pop-up box asking you- Are you sure you want to open this file? Click on the Yes button.
- In the next window, click on the Continue button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now it will take you to the “Installation Agreements and Settings” window. HP recommends you to review all the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- If you accept the terms, you need to select the checkbox given there. But if you do not agree with the terms and you do not select the checkbox of terms and conditions, the installation of your printer driver will be cancelled. Once you have accepted the agreements, click on the Continue button given there.
- To install the HP printer driver, you need to connect the printer to your Mac by using a wireless or wired connection method according to your preference.
- Now, the searching process for your printer begins. When the screen says- your printer is found, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, it will take you to the “Software and Driver” installation window. To install all the software and drivers recommended by HP, click on the Install button and proceed to the next step.
- While the software is installing you may see a pop-up box on your screen. Do the following:
- Enter your Mac Username
- Enter your Mac Password
- Then, click on the Install Software button.